Western Digital Ext hard drive replacement

My WD Elements Hard drive died on me a few months ago. It was chugging along fine until my sis brought home a new Vista machine (Lenovo SL 300 if you must know. I hate it a lot). Plugged it in, copied over 100 gb of videos and music. Or tried, anyway. The damn thing hung on me! After I 'manually removed' it from the com, it just couldn't move files anymore.

So I ransacked the ole nick-nack drawer for the original box, where the original store receipt should be. But, BUT! It was sorely missing. Without it I couldn't return the drive to the store. And so it sat in the box for 4 months, destined to become a future school project scrap part.

That is, until I came across the return policy site for WD drives. Woohoo! They actually have a Return Merchandise Authorisation policy. So actually, all I had to do was enter the serial number and print out the label to attach to the mailing box. As you can see from the pic. Fingers crossed then, see if I really get a replacement. (Fingers crossed for 3 weeks!)

Clyde.

Comments

No responses to “Western Digital Ext hard drive replacement”

Post a Comment